Earlier this week, we posted a story about a woman whose boat caught fire at Seattle Marina — for the second time.
The woman said the blaze, which the Seattle Fire Department has ruled as accidental, started after the wake from a passing powerboat caused a pan of hot oil on her stove to spill and catch fire. The powerboat was apparently traveling through a “no wake” zone.
So who’s at fault? Should we blame the skipper of the vessel that caused the wake? Or should the boat owner have known better than to put a pan of hot oil on a stove without securing it, even though the vessel was in a marina?
Answer the questions in the survey field below. Then feel free to give us your take in the comments section below.